Thursday, January 12, 2012

Carving, I mean Knitting

I wanted a fun small holder for my things when I don't leave the compound and just go to the Lake House (Community Center).
So out came the needles and yarn with a resulting owel.
                                      My purse owl
I liked it so I wore it everywhere.

Of course, when my grand children saw it they wanted creatures of their own.
 An owl for the 8 years old, as a basket for his bike


A flower for the 7 year old girl

 A ducky for the 5 year old

 A dragon Back pack for the 3 year old

 And a purple owl for a friend.

You notice I named them because I was afraid you will not recognize the creature unless I told you what it is:)
And now that I am on a roll, I wonder what I will do next, but until then there is writing to be done and pottery to be made and beads to be strung and food to be cooked.
This retirement thing is turning out to be a lot busier than I expected.












No comments: